Monday, June 14, 2010

Ukulele

How hard could it be to learn?  I have decided that I need some ukulele in my life.  I want to learn how to play it.  Hence the "How hard could it be to learn?" statement.  I would even love to have it played at my wedding (Lord willing, I ever get married).  How simply cheerful would it be to walk out as husband and wife to the "Wonderful World/Somewhere Over the Rainbow" medley?  This conclusion came to me the day after Sherida's wedding.  We've had wedding on the brain for sometime now and I have really begun to think about what I actually want.

Apparently, a ukulele.

I also want to get married outside.  There is something freeing about the thought of an open air wedding.  (Some may say this statement is ironic).  I think I have known for a while that I want to get married somewhere I can hear the birds singing and feel the breeze gently brush my cheek.  I might even go barefoot.  You know you're not surprised by this.  However, I don't necessarily want a lot of people at the wedding, but I wouldn't mind having a big reception.  And a ukulele band.  I wonder where I can find a ukulele band?    

Ukuleles seem like the happiest in the musical instrument family, unlike the steel guitar who has always had a bad attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.